Welcome to Linkterpreting!
Linkterpreting is a resource site for liaison interpreting, which has been designed for interpreters in training, professional interpreters, interpreter trainers and anyone else interested. It is an open and dynamic project developed by the University of Vigo under the guidance of Dr. Maribel del Pozo Triviño that combines theoretical concepts with practical exercises and didactic materials.
The menu on the left-hand side of this page provides the following information:
- theoretical information about interpretation (definition, history, modes, fields, bibliography and other resources);
- preliminary exercises (mental agility, two-way communication, cloze, concentration and divided attention, numeric contextualization, definitions, improvisation, memory and mental imagery, paraphrasing and simplification, lexical and semantic activation, register and reformulation, note-taking and voice and breathing);
- interpreter training information;
- useful links to blogs, organisations and institutions, journals, terminology and documentation resources and networks, associations and groups;
- news related to interpretation;
- information about the authors of the webpage;
- contact information.
The upper menu is divided into four sections that correspond to the four main fields of Public Service Interpreting: social, medical, legal and police interpreting and business interpreting. Each of these sections contains:
- theoretical information related to each of the fields;
- role-plays (text and video) for practicing liaison interpreting;
- documents related to the different fields.
Linkterpreting was created by Elena Armas López, Guillermo Rosales González, Rut Guinarte Mencía, Kerri Murphy, Manuela María Pequeño Leis, Carlota Acosta Rodríguez, and Raquel Ferrón Martínez, current and previous Translation and Interpretation students of the University of Vigo, under the guidance of Dr. Maribel del Pozo Triviño. We would like to thank all of our colleagues in the Translation and Interpretation programs “Licenciatura en Traducción e Interpretación y Grado en Traducción e Interpretación” for their support and their essential help in the compilation and creation of material. We would also like to thank Elisa Gómez López, lecturer at the University of Vigo that has provided us with material and advice and who has also given us her constant support and experience.
Kindly browse through our webpage. We hope you enjoy it!